Cave of the Winds

From Olentangy Park Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cave of the Winds
Type Other
Park Section Unknown
Built 1903
Opened 1903
Closed 1903
Architect J. W. Zarro

Opening in June 1903,[1] the Cave of the Winds was an attraction at Olentangy Park[2] and many parks at the time. They were usually spaces where large gusts of wind would blow the hats off the parkgoers.[3] The attraction was constructed by J. W. Zarro from Cincinnati and his Zarro Amusement Device Co.

It most likely only ran for one season.

References

  1. "At the Theaters: Olentangy Park." Sunday Columbus Dispatch. 14 June 1903. Pg. 5.
  2. "Olentangy Park: Closing Day." Columbus Evening Dispatch. 20 September 1903. Pg. 33.
  3. Stanton, Jeffrey. "Chutes & Luna Park - Los Angeles - 1900 - 1912." Venice History Site. 4 February 2013. https://www.westland.net/venicehistory/articles/Chutes&LunaPark-LA.html.