Joy Mill

From Olentangy Park Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joy Mill
Type Funhouse
Park Section Midway
Built 1913
Opened 1922
Closed 1937 (park closure)
Frame Wood
Number of Stories 2

The Joy Mill was a funhouse attraction originally built as The Fun House at Olentangy Park and enlarged and renamed in 1922.[1][2] It was built on the location of the first Ye Olde Mill ride[3] that burned down in 1911.

Gallery

References

  1. "New Amusement Devices." The Columbus Dispatch. 30 April 1922. Pg. 8.
  2. Barret, Richard E. "Olentangy Park: Four Decades of Fun." Columbus and Central Ohio Historian. Vol. 1. April 1984. Pg. 11.
  3. "Joy Mill to Be Free Ride for Dispatch Picnickers." Columbus Evening Dispatch. 13 July 1929. Pg. 7.